My first engine build....need a little help !

starrcat

Car
1971 CHEV EL CAMINO
I have a 71 El Camino with a four speed tranny I'm renovating, and this is my first engine build. Okay, I'm starting out with a with a 350 block and fuelie heads with 64 cc chambers, and the crank is medium journal with 3.48 stroke. I'm replacing the camshaft and lifters, and timing chain. I would like a little lope to my idle, good gas mileage, mid range power, and sound good. What cam should I get to achieve this ?

63Half-ton461

Staff member
Car
1978 Monte Carlo 383 slammed
Look at Comps Hi-Energy or magnum series or Iskys Mega , the comp 268 will work with stock to close to stock components.

63Half-ton461

Staff member
Car
I wouldn't expect to see an update especially considering the first piece of advice he got was, well let's just say yesterday's news ....

63Half-ton461

Staff member
Car
No biggie, this site is a little sketchy to start with and there are lots of Zombie threads that need to be swept into the delete bin.....

The casting # database could be waaaay better, it could be bar-none best on the web if they included photos of numbers, chambers, ports, and components !

People all over with heads sittin around could submit photos , heck i have like 30 sets of heads alone, they could have 1000"s of pics in no time.

Maybe an admin will read this and think "Hey that's a good idea, let's do it" lol !

Okay that's it i turned the thread into a rant :)

hurst01

Staff member
Car
1929 Buick, 1957 Chevrolet
People primarily come to this forum to get information on what they have. Once they get what they want they never come back. I wish they would at least reply on the results of their project.