My first engine build....need a little help !

starrcat

Car
1971 CHEV EL CAMINO
I have a 71 El Camino with a four speed tranny I'm renovating, and this is my first engine build. Okay, I'm starting out with a with a 350 block and fuelie heads with 64 cc chambers, and the crank is medium journal with 3.48 stroke. I'm replacing the camshaft and lifters, and timing chain. I would like a little lope to my idle, good gas mileage, mid range power, and sound good. What cam should I get to achieve this ?

63Half-ton461

Car
1978 Monte Carlo 383 slammed
Look at Comps Hi-Energy or magnum series or Iskys Mega , the comp 268 will work with stock to close to stock components.

63Half-ton461

Car
I wouldn't expect to see an update especially considering the first piece of advice he got was, well let's just say yesterday's news ....

63Half-ton461

Car
No biggie, this site is a little sketchy to start with and there are lots of Zombie threads that need to be swept into the delete bin.....

The casting # database could be waaaay better, it could be bar-none best on the web if they included photos of numbers, chambers, ports, and components !

People all over with heads sittin around could submit photos , heck i have like 30 sets of heads alone, they could have 1000"s of pics in no time.

Maybe an admin will read this and think "Hey that's a good idea, let's do it" lol !

Okay that's it i turned the thread into a rant :)