WTB GMC Big Block V-6 engine or parts

Wild Turkey

Car
99 Siverado, 49 Willys PU proj
These are the old truck engines made from 1960-66, true 60 degree engines. They used the same exterior size block for engines from 301 to 478 cid.

If anyone has one sitting around or knows where one might be found let me know and I'll either look into it or let someone else know about it.

Yes, they're heavy, etc etc and shut off about the speed most engines start making power.

But some of us a weird that way :lol:

jdl2489

Car
56' Chevy BelAir 2-Door Hard T
Hi,

I have a friend that has a 1962 GMC 1/2 Ton Pickup V6 Engine w/Bell Housing, Flywheel, Clutch and Pressure Plate that he got from the original owner. He said the original owner parked the truck, sometime later he tried to start it and it wouldn't turn over. My friend tried to pry the flywheel over with a long screw driver and it would not move.

This motor is located in North Alabama, if you think you can use it let me know and I will give you his phone number.

Please respond to the e-mail address below, I may not be back on the site for a while.

Thanks!

Personal information removed by Admin. Please use PM instead.

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
Jerry, I'd be careful about posting your email address out for the spambots to feed on. They'll ruin it in no time. Best to use the Forum's private messaging feature. You'll get an email notification in case of a PM, too.

jdl2489

Car
56' Chevy BelAir 2-Door Hard T
Thanks! I didn't think about it being posted where it could be seen by everyone until it was sent.

Thanks again!