Need help from someone smarter than me!!!!

devinc923

Car
1985 Chevy Silverado
Im having a hard time figuring out what year my 350 block is the numbers i got off the block are as follows... I got this number from the rear of the block above where the transmission bolts on 10243880, the other number i have is from the drivers side of the motor and it has a barcode above it, it was stamped on in white HB88003303807369. Thanks so much for your help!!!

ChevyHiPro

Staff member
Car
1976 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 P/U
Hello and welcome to the forum!

From the Block Casting Number, 10243880; 1996-up, 350 cid, 2 & 4-Bolt Vortec Roller.

So, you got ya a great block!
A late model roller cam 350!
A lot of HP and torque can be made from these engines, for a minimum cash outlay, using the right Chevy internal parts!
You can pretty much drop in a 400 crank rotating assembly for about $750, plus bearings and such.
With the stock bore (4.000") that'll make a 377 CID and produce a bunch of power! And, no machine work needed!
You will have to trial fit the crank and rods and turn it over by hand, check for interference and grind the inside of the block where necessary for clearance (minimum clearance is 0.025" when cold).
There are after market roller cams for that engine that will add a ton of power with the right heads, use Chevy heads, Vortec, or LS1, unless you got a huge budget! No real need for very expensive aftermarket heads, teh right Chevy ones will be a ton cheaper and flow great!
The stock Chevy roller lifters will be great for most applications, in a stock motor, they'll last at least 200,000 miles, with reasonable care.

Good luck with your build!
Don;t be a stranger around the forum!
Stop by from time to time and let us know how your builds going!

devinc923

Car
1985 Chevy Silverado
Thanks so much for the reply man thats just the info i needed i was starting to get a little down thinking noone was gonna reply. I really needed to know the info you gave me thanks so much have a great day!!!

Latest threads