Need engine identification

Julio

Car
1973 Chevy c10 pickup
Hi I am new to mortec and was forward here from other websites on an endless mission to finding out information on my tpi engine. I am doing an engine swap to my 1973 chevy pickup using a tpi engine, i need a few parts but need to know exactly what i have. All i know is its from an 80s trans am. I took some numbers off the rear of the block and these are it. Thanks I really appreciate your help.

from passenger side of block 14093638
from driver side of block GM57LG SGI

hurst01

Staff member
Car
1929 Buick, 1957 Chevrolet
Hi Julio,

I have been away for awhile but will try to help. The casting number 14093638 is a 5.7L (350). It can be either a 2 or 4 bolt main with possibly either a roller or flat tappet cam with one piece rear main seal. You said it was a TPI so I am assuming it has the TPI injection set-up with the throttle body and intake runners.
Were you able to get the wiring harness and computer with the engine? There is 2 ways to go about this. You can either purchase an aftermarket stand-alone wiring harness or you can modify yours. I am in the process of modifying one now for installation in my 1957 Chevrolet. I might be able to give you a few pointers from time-to-time, or if you are in a hurry, purchase one for around $350.
Good luck on your install. Since you are going to do this, you might be interested in keeping the board updated on your progress and do a How-To for anyone that is wanting to do the same.

Latest threads