EFI Throttle Body - Fi-Tech

ONNTO

Car
85 Firebird Trans AM
My 85 Trans AM has a 350 30 over, cam, 65cc heads and headers. I am in the process of changing the carb (Rochester) to a throttle body EFI Fi-Tech fuel system. I am encountering all sorts of issues with stalling, hesitation, noisy fuel pump. Is this a bad switch to do or just a bad EFI system to be installing. Any help is appreciated.

63Half-ton461

Staff member
Car
1978 Monte Carlo 383 slammed
get back to me and i will give you some tips

ONNTO

Car
85 Firebird Trans AM
I am getting back to you. Finally got things to work. 2 fuel pumps, 2 pressure values and a new ecm.

63Half-ton461

Staff member
Car
1978 Monte Carlo 383 slammed
Och! i feel your pain, fuel pumps need to be mounted close to the tank cause they are better at making pressure than suction, rubber mount so they aren't so noisy.

How would you rate Fi-tech ?

ONNTO

Car
85 Firebird Trans AM
The car is away for the winter currently and will find out in the spring how the modification works. I only got the car back 2 days before our first snow fall and the car has yet to see snow so good buy for 6 months.

As for the EFI it seemed to work well taking it to storage. The next thing on the to do list is new shocks and coils. The car sat for 12 years and some things don't adjust well to just sitting.

Latest threads