Casting Numbers

dave

Car
55-56-57-70-74 chevy's
hello im new here i have got onthis site before in the past more tec engine castings i hope you are the same site as it is very helpful please let me know if im on the right site i like to look up casting numbers as i rebuild old cars and show them thanks very much for your hellp dave chevyguy1337 at yahoo.com i hope to here from you soon thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

hurst01

Staff member
Car
1929 Buick, 1957 Chevrolet
Dave,

Sometimes casting numbers can be a real pain. Let me know what you have and I will try to help.

hurst01

Staff member
Car
Dave,

If you build cars, please feel free to frequent the site, ask questions and feel free to contribute as you can. In the past the site has had visitors check in for just one post to find information and never heard from again. We are making an attempt to add more options other than just casting number identification. Should you have any ideas as far as different areas or information you would like to see on the site please mention it.

larry73

Car
chevorlet k1500
Where do u run ur #s to figure out what kind of motor i have

hurst01

Staff member
Car
I myself, get the information from old books that I have accumulated over the years. A very lot of it I don't have and have to do some extensive research to find the information. There are others on the board that have much more information than I do. I haven't been concerned with what an engine came out of for many, many years. Once I tear it down I know what I have and because of the engines I build, what it came out of is of no concern to me. The only thing I am concerned about is the actual size of the engine to begin with, then I know what I can do with it.

Latest threads