Just how rare? Facts about Cheyenne Super 10

Shinerunnerson

Car
1973ChevroletCheyenne super/10
I have 1973 Cheyenne super 10. It has a short fleetside bed. 454-2 bolt Main hi perf passenger block/heads. Oval port. Turbo 400 transmission with shift kit. 3:42:1 Auburn limited slip 12 bolt. I'm the 3rd owner. Tilt wheel steering. A.c.. Manual Windows. No sliding rear window. Cargo light. I would like to know if my engine is original.
It has 73 stamped on the block according to your methods. Also, every time I took it to a car show people would tell me just how where the truck is. "Because Chevrolet didn't just put a big block in a short bed, it was special ordered." How rare is this truck?

motormonkey

Car
1969 camaro
I have seen trucks of same vintage with the 454 in a half ton series but never a shot box. It doesn't surprise me that there are some out there. Since the 73-76 trucks don't seem to be where the 67-72 trucks are in value or interest nobody seems to worry or think about them much. This would be an interesting truck to see at a show restored. Glad to know they exist and one of them is out there. I live in the snow belt and 1973 trucks are rare as hens teeth up here. Strangely there are lots of 67-72 trucks with factory big blocks around though. An unusual piece indeed. You could check with a company like NPD or LMC truck that may have production info right inside their catalogs .

Craig Hanson

Car
1957 Chevy Truck 3100
I have a Chevy Cheyenne 20 3/4 ton Truck. It has the 454 engine 4bbl carb, 400 turbo Hydramatic. It has tilt wheel, Air Cond, radio & heater. It is an 8 foot bed fleetside.
Red & White
Truck with extra 20 gal fuel tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

storm59

Car
1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Reminds me of my Grampa's old truck.