Is my motor is a 350 or 305?

derwindavis26

Car
1989 camaro RS
I recently took my 89 camaro rs to have the radiator and fan done I told the lady when I dropped it off what year make and model it was and that it was a 305 but when I picked the car up I got the receipt and it said 89 camaro rs 5.7L which we all know is a 350. I recently just looked under the hood and saw these numbers on the block 18436572 can anyone please help me identify what motor I have?

trike4mel

Car
custom trike
18436572 is the firing order for chevy engines. You may need to recheck your number. It can be found at the rear of the block on left side under the head. It will be stamped in. Maybe someone here can then help you. Good Luck.

trike4mel

Car
custom trike
14102182 is your intake manifold number. Not sure if that same part is used on 305 and 350.
Your engine size should be stamped into the rear of the block near the distributor per someone else on the net.

ChevyHiPro

Staff member
Car
1976 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 P/U
derwindavis26;
Hello and welcome to the forum!

There are two numbers that will tell the story on your engine.
They are located on the passenger side front of the engine block, on a raised pad, located just below where the head sits on the block.
This may be behind the alternator or other accessory or brackets.
You may have to clean off paint, grease and dirt to accurately read these numbers.
These numbers are hand stamped and may not be easy to read even when cleaned off.

Once you've found the numbers and read them, post them in this thread and I'll try to help you figure out what your engine is.

Latest threads