ID Help

Steve H

Car
1971 Corvette
My father bought a corvette 20 years and had an engine rebuilt in the effort of restoring the car. Life happened (kids, work, etc, another hobby) and he never got around to it. He has been working on a 34 Pierce Arrow. I decided to give the vette a crack. Here is what I need help on (he is helping me as well)
The engine has been completely re-done by AMT in St Louis (20 years ago). We had it in plastic and all parts were well taken care of. I believe the engine came from a mid 70's or so truck, not sure. I cannot find exact info and I am sure I don't have all the info. Here is the info I have.

ENGINE BLOCK:
CM10T
It also has the following casting: CONV1 and 018 77

CYLINDER HEAD:
PASS X
D12 77 and D11 77
GM11T

Not sure exactly what all this means. I have the heads torqued down and will be putting on the lifters, rods, etc next. The Corvette frame is a rolling chasis. Someone already told me I will have a problem with the intake as the Rochester Carb will not fit under the hood (I do not have a carb, I may end up being a new intake to fit with a Edelbrock or Holley).

Any info is helpful. I am quite the Novice getting himself into much trouble.

The Corvette is a 1971 Conv - not sure that matters or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig Hanson

Car
1957 Chevy Truck 3100
The ONLY number that comes even close to the one you posted is 361979 which is
a Chevy 305 from 1977-79. Are you absolutely sure the number is what you said? I'd check the 5th number, brush it and take a paper and pencil rubbing. I don't see a 361959 and there are very few numbers with only 6 digits. Just sayin'