Dead battery in 69 Chevy

ja82

Car
69 chevy 4x4,98 chevy truck4x4
Hello everyone been having this trouble with my 69 Chevy put motor in only had it for about 4 months now, but if i leave battery connected it dies i mean no juice any ideas of what it could be.i don't see anything or hear anything on no lights nothing, any help would be appreciated thanks.

hurst01

Staff member
Car
1929 Buick, 1957 Chevrolet
I owned a 69 Chevy C110 many years ago but can't recall all the particulars. Does it have a voltage regulator or does the alternator have a built-in voltage regulator? If it has a voltage regulator it could be sticking and causing a feedback into the alternator. The only thing other than that would be to get yourself a 12 volt test light and begin chasing to find out what is still hot after turning the ignition off. You might even use the test light and check each fuse in the fuse box to find if any of them still have power to them that shouldn't.

ja82

Car
69 chevy 4x4,98 chevy truck4x4
The truck has the regulator but nothing connected to it, the wires on alternator looks like one goes to the battery that's on the rear of it , where the plug is one goes into the inside of truck and one goes to the wire on the rear if it.the light might be the best bet before the electronic shop.hoping someone had the same problem, should those wires be connected like that

hurst01

Staff member
Car
1929 Buick, 1957 Chevrolet
I was working on a reply but for some reason lost it. You can change the internal regulator for a self-exciting regulator. Check out this link.
http://mightymo.org/Proj_OneWire.html

Latest threads