350 engine stampings

Rollin33s

Car
58 Chevy Bel Air
I have a 350 in my Chevy Bel Air. The numbers on the rear of the block are 3970010 and the front stamping are 104252 and V0909CRX. Any help would be appreciated.

Rollin33s

Car
58 Chevy Bel Air
After much searching and block cleaning I found this out 3970010 is the regular 350 stamp used forever.

The serial number ended up being 15V104252 which I assume means
1= Chevy
5= 1975
V= Flint Michigan
104252 serial number to match the original vehicle V.I.N

V0909CRX engine suffix codes

V=Flint Michigan
09=month
09= day
CRX= 1975 350c.i. 145-155 h.p, 2 or 4 bbl. found in A,B,F or X body vehicles.

hurst01

Staff member
Car
1929 Buick, 1957 Chevrolet
Rollin33s,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you know what you have. What was it you were trying to find out? This forum used to be just for engine identification but the new owner is trying to get more in line with technical aspects, how-to's, performance engines and builds, along with sheet metal, welding, body work and restorations.

If there is something that we can help you out with please feel free to ask, or if you have some kind of specialty or any information you would like to share?

Rollin33s

Car
58 Chevy Bel Air
Well I was looking for a reply to what I had for an engine. I had to resort to using other places for the info because no one ever replied. I figured I would put the info here for others to find a start if they were to see this.

hurst01

Staff member
Car
Sorry it took so long to find your post, I am fairly new here and still finding my way around on the way things work. I see you have a 58 BelAir. What kind of shape is it in? I have 2 57 Chevy BelAir cars. Both of them have a long way to go and need a LOT of work. One of these days, I guess.

Rollin33s

Car
58 Chevy Bel Air
It is in fair condition. It came from Mexico where it spent life as a low rider. Then came to Texas where it got bagged, and finally made it to Ky, where the previous owner started changing it back but lost interest. So here I am lol. Redoing it and going Rock a billy with it. I think. 2" drop in the rear, stock up front, satin paint and flat clear, leaving the beat trim and dents(cuz it's hard to find) and just run it for a while.

hurst01

Staff member
Car
Is that a 4 door HT or sedan? Can't tell from the angle. I LIKE it, but I would not go back with satin and flat clear were it me. That car deserves to shine. You could make a real looker out of it, it appears to be in really decent condition.
What part of KY are you in? Are you close to Louisville? I would like to see the car. You know the stainless can be straightened don't you, depending on where it is dented? The old car looks to be pretty straight. Shoot me a PM and let me know where you are at?

hurst01

Staff member
Car
Is this the car the engine you are asking about is going in? What all do you plan to do to the engine?

Rollin33s

Car
58 Chevy Bel Air
Yea the engine codes are for this car. Someone put it in before I got it. It has a 700r4 tranny in it also. The car itself is a four door sedan. I know the stainless can be fixed but the quarter trim in the rear has a really bad spot on both sides. I think someone had a strap across the rear and just crushed it. I live in Ashland, Ky about 210 miles from you. I was born in Jeffersonville, and I have family in Indiana. The car definitely deserves to shine but I am thinking that may be round 2 build. I really don't know yet what I gonna do I change my mind 3-4 times a week LOL

hurst01

Staff member
Car
Hey, nothing wrong with a 4 door car. Once upon a time I would not even consider one, but since I have survived to get older I see things differently.

hurst01

Staff member
Car
Does it currently run?

Rollin33s

Car
58 Chevy Bel Air
It runs but the carb needs reworked. I don't have an exhaust on it either yet. I ordered some headers but I need to get shorties instead of full length I have now. Here is some interior pics.

I gotta find some glass for the 2 front doors and get someone to fix the winshield. It has glue or some kind of binder in the glass starting to cloud up.

hurst01

Staff member
Car
I think I might have one set of the shorty ceramic coated headers left in my stock, or I think I do. I am a dealer for a Rod parts supplier. I ordered them for someone and they didn't take them. If you can hold off on the glass for a couple more months there is a very big swap meet in Louisville. Were it me I would put new glass in it, it is not too expensive for the side windows.
I know someone that can give a really good price on windshields but he is in Louisville.

Rollin33s

Car
58 Chevy Bel Air
I got with Desert Valley and they are finding me a bunch of parts, along with the glass. The windshield can wait a bit. Parts are rolling in now so I can get it back down on the ground.

Latest threads