350 c.i. chevy engine info

Fizzerman

Car
I ain't got a car
I have a 350 c.i. chevy engine & need information for it. The back right casting number is 14093638. On the left rear of motor it says GM 57LG SGI. The stamped number on the left front of the motor is VC913FSG. Please tell me what I have.

ChevyHiPro

Staff member
Car
1976 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 P/U
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Apologies for the late reply!

From the block casting number, 14093638, we can tell; 1987-1995, 350 cid, Car & Truck, 2 & 4-bolt main, Passenger, 1-piece seal.
From the Engine Assembly Code, VC913FSG; I really believe the number is, V0913FSC, this is a normal format for this code.
This would decode as, V = Flint (vehicle assembly plant), 0913 = date code, Sept 13, FSC is the Engine Suffix Code.
I have not been able to decode this one.
The Engine Suffix Code describes the year of the engine assembly and the car it was installed in.
Unfortunately, GM has not released these codes to the general public.
Many sources have compiled listings of various codes and the vehicles associated with them.
However this is an ongoing work in progress and many codes are still 'missing'.

So, from what we have been able to learn, your engine is a roller cam 350 but pinning a definate year on it, is going to be a little difficult.
On the upside, any internal parts you may need, any year from 1987 - 1995 will fit!

Don;t be a stranger ot the forum, post again and let us know what you've done what your engine.

Latest threads